When I was in my twenties, my bliss was grabbing a latte at Starbucks, taking a paycheck that should have been used on bills and buying my brains out. I worked at Express corporate and used the 40% discount to all their stores including Express, Limited and Victoria’s Secret. It was truly retail therapy.
Fast forward to today and my bliss is hiding in the bathroom, on the toilet, blogging. Or going an entire shower without the 9-year-old dropping in to tell me a story that takes 10 minutes but in reality he wants to communicate he is hungry.
Additional blissful moments. I’d like to call them unicorn moments as they rarely happen……
- When the stars are aligned, both children declaring they will buy their lunch. This means I don’t have to pack their lunches that evening. It’s important to note this happens less than the total eclipse of the sun.
- When my in-laws take both sons and my husband and I have high hopes of what we are going to do.
“We’re gonna go club hoppin.”
“We’re going to a fancy restaurant.”
“Let’s stay out till 2 a.m.!”
- In reality, he strips to his boxers and a t-shirt while I go pick-up Texas Road House. After returning, I disrobe, throw on my p.j.’s and we drink and watch t.v. We’re in bed by 10:30.
- Waking up on a Saturday, prepared to get ready for work then realizing it’s Saturday.
- Everyone in the house decides they are too tired and turns in early. I’m then left to enjoy magical, quiet bliss.
- On Wednesdays, when Matt Bellassai posts a new TO BE HONEST. This is where he gets drunk and tells you how to live your life. He hasn’t done any in a while but that’s because he is on tour. Regardless, I check every Wednesday and you should too!
- Level 4 snow emergency. Sorry work, can’t drive in. I’ll be arrested!
- When I find something that makes me laugh till I cry. My new obsession is this website: www.imbetterthanyourkids.com.
- Glass of red wine and blogging. What’s better than that? I dare you!
Ok, those are all for now. Sure, if I had a million dollars this list would be slightly different but for now, these are my simple pleasures. What gives you sheer bliss in your life?