As you may or may not have read, my family and I had a Skype interview last night with a Producer of the Gordon Ramsay show. I prepared heavily by Googling: How not to look bad on Skype. I watched a makeup tutorial while stuck in traffic and I tested my camera before go time. So here are the tips I learned and a few I figured out on my own so the next time you are being catfished, you’ll look great being taken advantage of!
- Set your laptop at eye level or a little higher. I preferred the laptop being higher so I used my son’s old locker shelf, placed it on the table then the laptop. I think this also helps because if you are looking up, less chance of creating a double or even triple chin.
- I don’t know the whys here but don’t have back lighting. If you figure out why, let me know. I don’t ask questions, I just do.
- I’ve listened to 2 YouTube videos: one says to have natural light from the side and one said from behind your laptop. You’ll just have to play around with it.
- It’s best to place a desk lamp with soft lighting over the laptop pointed to you.
- From the makeup video, her top tip was ensuring you had a defined brow.
- This is not the time to have smokey or dramatic eyes as you’ll look like Cruella De Vil.
- I had on A LOT of makeup with the exception of eyeliner or eye shadow. This worked as I did not look completely like death!
- Clean up the background.
- Wear a color that compliments your skin tone. I wore blue. If others are in the video, ensure they aren’t wearing colors that will wash you out.
- There is no better beauty tip then getting 8 hours and looking rested!
So try these out sometime guys! Tell me if it works for you! Do you have tips to add? I’m all ears. I’m sure there are hundreds out there!