I think after nearly 3 years of blogging, I can call myself a blogger. If there’s a hazing of some sort, could someone let me know where and when so I can get it over with and claim my bloggership? Anyway, I thought it would be fun to list all the stuff I now do and don’t do, thanks to blogging. Do you see yourself in any of these?
- You forgo exercise to write (All…The….Time).
- You look at your stats all the time. I mean, you wake up with stats, you go to bed with stats, you check stats on the toilet. Well at least I’ve heard some people check on the toilet, I would never do something like that. Ahem…..
- Your Facebook friend ratio is beginning to lean more towards all the bloggers you are friends with around the world versus people you’ve actually met in person.
- You have a blogging BFF (hi T!). You may even exchange texts.
- You’re constantly looking for inspiration for posts. Hey, could that sweet-n-low packet be a topic?
- Despite always looking for inspiration, your worried sick it will never come and all the ideas will run out.
- You’ve accepted that despite telling friends and family about your blog, they are the least likely to read it. I was told by a more seasoned blogger that this is completely normal. In fact, she told me that if you don’t want friends and family to read your blog, tell them you have one.
- Social media gives you headaches in the aspect that you fret over where to post consistently.
- Like the social media, you question if Mix, Google+ and Flipping is even worth it.
- You wonder how to make decent money with this damn blog someday.
- You question if you should self-host.
- You question if you should go back to not self-hosting.
- The best part of your day is when someone compliments how much they enjoy reading your blog.
- You’ve blogged for enough time now to know there are peaks and valleys with readers.
- Your constantly Googling things like Your and You’re or Course and Coarse because the last thing you want to do is misuse a bunch of words.
I think I could go on and on but I know you guys have some things to add. Fill in this sentence: You know you’re a blogger when _______________.