Wow! A big thank you to Just In Queso for nominating me for the Liebster Award. That is so freakin’ cool! If you like queso and to laugh, please head on over there!
Queso, I’m totally copying this description from you because it’s perfect: The Liebster Award is an online award for bloggers to gain more support and recognition, and just to get to know the person behind the blogger. It also helps others to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award but more importantly help to promote newer bloggers with fewer followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are my answers to the questions I was asked:
- Why did you start blogging? Honestly when my friend suggested I start a blog to promote my unpublished book (I know, I sound like a loser, right?) my first question was “do people still blog?” Obviously I was an ass hole and didn’t know anything.
- What is your all-time favorite TV show? Jem, it would have to be Jem. Just kidding. That is a ridiculously tough question. It would have to be whichever one made me laugh the hardest and longest. That would be Will and Grace. Anyone remember “JUST JACK!”?
- Which would you rather eat – a seeing-eye dog, or a talking gorilla? Ignore any dietary restrictions you may have. Totally the seeing eye dog. I want to take that talking gorilla home, put a diaper on it and name it “Barbara”.
- What book can you read over and over again? 50 Shades of Grey. I do Audible b/c of my commute and I have listened to it 3 times. Actually every one of them 3 times. Horrible writing but my guess is this is the equivalent of the 1950’s housewife sitting on a vibrating washing machine.
- What is a funny or special memory from your childhood? Every year our grandmother would take my mom, my 2 sisters and I on a vacation. My dad always had to work. When I was 15, we went to Disney World and all of those parks. She was in her 80’s now so it was necessary to push her in a wheel chair. We quickly learned that if you have someone who is handicap and in a wheel chair, you get to skip the line and go into a special area, like a VIP area. My sister and I decided to dump grandma out of the wheelchair (we put her under a shady tree) and bypass the long line for the Back the Future ride. I don’t know how we decided who would push who, but my severely overweight sister sat in the wheelchair while I pushed. This wasn’t a well thought out plan as the special entrance we had to go in was up a narrow, steep walkway. She giggled the whole way up while I slanted my entire body as if I were fighting off wind to push her up. We made it and grandma was still under the tree.
- On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like queso? (cheese melted together with spices, peppers, and sometimes meat). Explain your answer. Eek, I don’t know. May I postpone my answer till I find out if I like it? Remember, I haven’t had it in like 15 years.
- If you had to live in any film’s universe, which one would you pick? Clueless. I would want to live in Clueless. How fun would that be?
- Would you rather watch a three-hour marathon of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, or a six-hour children’s yodeling contest? Why? KUWTK is my choice. I don’t like either of these options but I’ve never had a fondness for the Sound of Music, yodeling, the country, the hills and especially their outfits. Oh my God…those outfits.
- Describe your surroundings as you work on these questions. Where are you sitting? What are you wearing? And are you creeped out by this question? I am in the living room, for once alone in my super comfortable red flannel pjs. Blackish is on in the background (love it!) and a glass of cabernet on the end table. I hear the dryer going as P has a big tournament and needs his uniformed cleaned. Not creeped out, I think it paints a picture.
- When you were 5, what did you want to be when you grew up? Someone famous. Didn’t care how I got famous or what my job was, I just needed to be famous.
- Do you shower at night or in the morning? Why? It depends on how tired I am. Usually showers are preceded by the question, ‘can I go 1 more day without washing my hair?’ My hair is long and it’s a pain in my ass to wash. Tonight I showered so I wouldn’t have to deal with it tomorrow morning.
Blogs you need to check out…Seriously!
Here are my 11 questions for the awesome Bloggers above:
- What is your biggest pet peeve and why?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What do you like least about blogging?
- If you could quit your job and blog but for 20% less money, would you do it?
- If you could do any job, but with just the knowledge you know now, what would that job be?
- What is your favorite month? What is your least favorite? Why
- Live in the city or the country?
- If you could go back and tell your younger self 1 thing, what would it be?
- What is 1 thing you are so scared of that it would send you into a full blown panic attack?
- What are you really good at?
- What are 2 things you like about yourself?